- How can I register my child for camp?
You have a few options to register. First, you can click on the Register Now button at the top of the page. You can also call (888) 857-6222 and register over the phone. Finally, you can download the paper copy of the registration form and mail it in to the address on the form.
- When is the last time I can register?
Online registration is open through the Sunday night before the camp starts. However, in order for us to best prepare for the week, it is best for you to register by Thursday of the prior week. If you are purchasing equipment, you must do so 10 days prior to camp to make sure we have the time to ship it to your location.
- What methods of payment do you accept?
We accept VISA, Mastercard, Discover, check, cash or money orders. However, if you are registering online, the only option is by credit/debit card.
- Can I just register my child on the first day of camp?
Please don't wait until the last second to register your child. However, we do realize that these situations do come up and we try our best to make it work. We cannot guarantee that you will be able to register but it really depends on a number of factors including field space, number of coaches, ages of kids, etc.
- I registered, but didn't receive any sort of confirmation. What do I do now?
Please give us a call at (888) 857-6222 and we will help you check your registration status.
- Are AYSO Soccer Camps coached by AYSO Volunteers?
No, AYSO Soccer Camp's coaches are not volunteers as they are professionally trained and certified. However, they are also trained according to AYSO's standards, including Safe Haven.
- Are the soccer camps the same as an AYSO season?
No, they are very different. AYSO Soccer Camps are a week-long camp during the summer, whereas the regular season typically consists of weekday practices and weekend games. They also have separate registration processes.
- Can I stay and watch or can I drop my child off?
You can do either. We welcome anyone that wants to stick around to watch or you can just drop them off and pick them back up at the end of the day.
- Do you provide child care before or after the camp?
No, we only provide care during the scheduled time of the camp.
- What if my child needs to go to the bathroom?
Our coaches are trained to take their entire group to the bathroom if one child has to go to make sure that the whole group stays together and is properly supervised.
- Is it safe to leave my child with these coaches?
Absolutely, our coaches have all cleared their background checks and have been Safe Haven certified, just like every other AYSO volunteer. Plus, our coaches are a lot of fun, too.
- Can I sign up for the Striker or Goalkeeper clinic on Saturday without attending the camp during the week and can I sign up for both?
You can sign up for the clinic without registering for the camp; however, you cannot sign up for both as they happen simultaneously.
- Are there any discounts for signing up multiple children?
Yes, after signing up one child, every additional child receives $5 off their registration fee.
- If I decide to host a coach when I register, will I automatically receive a discount?
No, in order to make sure that you actually host the coach, discounts are given after the camp has taken place.
- If we host a coach, do we have to feed them or give them rides?
We do not require that you feed them, but the coaches do like to experience some of the local foods as this is a cultural experience for them, too. All the coaches will either have a rental car or will be picked up by another coach who does.
- Can I get a full refund?
Unfortunately not, there is a $25 cancellation fee for refunds made 14 days prior to the camp and no refunds are given after that point.
- Do you give pro-rated refunds for days missed?
If your child becomes sick during the camp week and must miss a day, we can pro rate for days missed with a doctors verification. Otherwise, we do not pro rate for missing due to family vacations or other ativities.
- What do you do if it rains?
Any lost hours due to poor weather will be made up later in the week. If this is not possible, refunds will not be issued.
- Do I need to bring a lunch or snack?
If you are attending a full-day camp, you will need to bring your own lunch and snacks. If you are attending a half-day camp, we will provide time for snacks, but your child will need to bring their own.
- Do you provide water?
- Is there shade?
Yes. In most cases, we ask the region to provide an shaded canopy if there is not any natural shade at the field.
- Can the coaches give my child medicine?
AYSO Soccer Camps restrict staff from administering any kind of medication, including epi-pens. If a player registered at camp or program requires administration, a parent or responsible adult must be present.
- Can my child be in the same group as their friend?
Assuming they are in the same age group, we can almost always make those accommodations.
- Do they have to wear cleats?
While cleats are recommended for soccer players of any age, they are not required. We would ask that they at least wear closed-toed footwear that is appropriate for playing sports and all players must wear shinguards.
- How should my child dress for the camp?
Any clothes that your child is comfortable running around in and possibility getting a little dirty. Every child will receive a camp t-shirt, which we would encourage wearing during the week, but do not require them to wear it every day.