AYSO is the First Coaching Education Program to be Re-Accredited
The American Youth Soccer Organization's (AYSO) is the first coaching education program to be re-accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Coaching Education (NCACE). AYSO's coaching program is now accredited through Feb. 2016.
"Accreditation by NCACE is critically important to AYSO. Our AYSO Vision Statement challenges our coaching program to deliver a â€˜world class youth soccer program that enriches children's lives,'" said AYSO's National Coach John Ouellette. "The NCACE accreditation confirms the program's quality, brings it nationwide recognition and instills a sense of pride in our coaches and program administrators."
To receive this accreditation, AYSO's coaching program had to educate coaches in the following eight National Standards for Sport Coaches:
- Injuries: Prevention, Care and Management
- Risk Management
- Growth, Development and Learning
- Training, Conditioning and Nutrition
- Social/Psychological Aspects of Coaching
- Skills, Tactics and Strategies
- Teaching and Administrative Aspects
- Professional Preparation and Development
To learn more about the accreditation process, please visit NCACE's Web site.
Find an AYSO training course near you.