The U.S. Soccer Federation (USSF) has modified its recommendations related to the use of referee caps in order to enhance its support for the health and safety of referees. More information and tips for skin care can be found here.
Due to this, AYSO’s updated recommendations for wearing a cap are as follows:
• The cap must not endanger the safety of the official or the players.
• The cap should be solid black or predominately black in color.
• The cap may display the AYSO logo (preferred), USSF or FIFA, but can’t display any other logos, slogans or commercial marks.
Appropriate caps/visors include:
• Any caps with AYSO logos created for Region/Area/Section/National tournaments.
• Pink caps to support the cancer-awareness campaigns.
When developing logos, please remember to have your proposed logo approved by your Region, Area, Section or National administrator. You can also contact the Marketing Department for ideas about logos to ensure that your logo complies with AYSO policy.
Please email us with any questions about this policy change.