We believe in training and mentoring our referees to help them achieve the highest level of skill and certification. AYSO generates a lot of value by upgrading our referees and our volunteers receive personal benefits when they become more skilled and experienced. Everyone can help our referees achieve higher levels of certification. Below are ten ways in which you can help us with this objective. Please consider using these tips to help us get our referees upgraded.
- Mentor 2-3 referees per season.
- Talk to the referees about the upgrade process.
- Schedule 2-3 (or more) intermediate referee courses per season.
- Teach the courses and skills needed for referees to upgrade.
- Provide additional incentives - make sure that referees who upgrade get additional recognition.
- Help referees grow - schedule 2-3 referees per season in games that will provide higher but manageable challenges.
- Establish a mentoring program in your Region or Area.
- Sponsor 2-3 referees per season to attend tournaments away from their home Region.
- Share your own upgrade story with 2-3 referees per season to inspire them to upgrade.
- Be the assistant referee for less experience referees and share your experience.
The upgrade process takes time and effort and requires motivated volunteers. Thank you for helping us to influence their motivation!! Please read the details of the upgrade process in the National Referee Program manual, and contact Tom Bobadilla at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have additional questions or need more information.