If you come across a red flagged volunteer in eAYSO, it doesn't mean that volunteer is a bad person. It simply means that the application is on hold. A red flag can be a prompt that there is a question or something is missing on the application form or that an applicant cannot be approved at this time.
There are a number of reasons why an applicant may be red flagged:
- A typo in the Social Security Number, missing Date of Birth, or incomplete address field.
- An incomplete answer to the disclosure question.
- A "yes" answer to a prior conviction that is pending processing by Safe Haven.
- A pending dispute of a background check finding.
- A Region decided not to accept the application or perhaps suspended an applicant for a Membership Year.
- New this year, an application entered by the Region from a handwritten and/or hand-signed application form pending the receipt of the originally signed form by Safe Haven.
- In a small percentage of cases, the applicant cannot be approved to volunteer at this time according to the National Criminal Background Check Policy.
Use the "CVPA SEARCH" feature to check the status of any red flagged application or yellow status (restricted) volunteer.