New NPS Statement 2.16, language added:
2.16 Excluded Activities
As insurance carriers move to exclude activities from coverage plans as a result of rising costs for claims from injuries related to these activities, AYSO must also move to exclude these activities as the only means for protecting the organization.
Regions are advised that the following activities are excluded from AYSO’s insurance coverage and must not be included as AYSO sponsored activities:
- Inflatable amusement devices which participants can climb or play on.
- Fireworks or the sale of fireworks.
- Amusement or carnival rides.
- Tractor pulls or hay rides.
- Rock climbing walls.
- Bungee jumping or bungee type rides.
- Other potentially high risk, non-soccer related activities.
Additionally, AYSO insurance does not cover adults, including registered volunteers, playing in a game of soccer. This exclusion includes coach versus referee goodwill games, parent scrimmages and especially parent versus player scrimmages. Because of the risk of serious injury, under no circumstances should adults engage in scrimmages or games against minors.
Adults registered in the AYSO Adult Soccer program will be covered by the Adult Soccer program insurance for official AYSO Adult Soccer activities.