If you're like the rest of the nation, you were captivated by all of the action that the World Cup provided. It's likely that kids of all ages in your community experienced that same feeling and are looking to play soccer this fall.
This is why it's important to keep your registration open as long as possible to ensure that anyone who wants to play, has the chance. Below are just five ways to promote late registration:
1. Have a ticket raffle at your registration event where one lucky registrant will receive half off his/her registration fee.
2. Have a promotion that offers a small prize to anyone who refers a friend to play in the fall. The item can be any leftover AYSO swag your Region may have.
3. Ask two leaders in the older divisions to contact the junior high and high school soccer players to see if they want to play. Plan a social activity to entice them to register.
4. If your Region has the budget, make fun AYSO T-shirts to give away to all the U-5 and U-6 players. This should be in addition to their uniform shirt. If the kids wear them around town, it’s free advertising!
5. Hold a registration event at the end of the season with a discounted rate so you can lock in players and volunteers for the next season early.
Has your Region already closed registration? Not to worry, now’s the perfect time to have a “last chance” registration push. It’s a positive approach and doesn’t feel like a “late registration” penalty to players and families.