Tournaments are a great way to offer more soccer for more kids, raise money for the Region and provide participants with wonderful memories. Tournament staff should be aware that the safety and well-being of all the participants (players, parents, visitors and staff) should be a priority when planning a tournament.
Below are some things to consider when you start planning your tournament and providing info to attending teams.
Don't forget to:
- Obtain the necessary field permits
- Get your special event policy in place (call 800-872-2976 ext 7961); certificates issued (Learn how to get certificates of insurance here)
- Provide appropriate parking - is there enough? If not, decide where you'll direct the overflow.
- Providing a shade or picnic area
- Schedule EMTs in case of an emergency
- Schedule an extra trash service pickup
- Arrange for appropriate restroom facilities. If you don't have enough, schedule portables
- Schedule vendors. Have they provided certificates of insurance?
Provide the following to the attending teams/Regions:
- Directions to the tournament and surrounding hotels, restaurants, parks, etc.
- Reminders about the AYSO ratio of adults to players
- Hydration and snack tips
- A list of Don'ts (anything specific to your facilities or Region) such as: no pets, no barbeques, etc.
- Reminders not to rent 18-passenger vans if they are traveling to your tournament