The budget deadline for your Region is on June 1st for the fiscal year 2015 (July 1, 2015 – June 30, 2016).
Note: If a current budget is not on file at the AYSO National Office, Regional Commissioner re-appointment and new appointment approval requests will be delayed.
Completing your budget before your Region’s first registration event is necessary to determine if your Region’s registration fees are set properly to meet your Region’s goals. The following are steps to help you create a budget:
• Examine a current NAP report to verify if there are any expected revenue or expense changes for the upcoming year. For example, the park fees will be increased by 10% in the upcoming year or player count will increase by 5% because of a new Jamboree program.
• Examine if other revenue sources such as fundraising, sponsors and donations will change in the upcoming fiscal year.
• Get feedback from Board Members about their specific needs. For example, the equipment volunteer should create a budget for balls, flags and other supplies. Make sure that you don’t complete the entire budget yourself since you may not know all of the current needs.
• Review all reports and discuss if your Region needs to plan for any future expenses at your next Board meeting.
• Determine whether the budget will require changes by comparing total revenue to total expenses. If your expenses are more than your revenue, you will have to make adjustments to your registration fees or decrease your expenses.
After making the necessary adjustments, you will have a budget that will show your Region’s operations for the upcoming year and can be a valuable tool throughout the year to keep you on track to meeting your Region’s goals.
For more detailed instructions on creating a budget, refer to the Treasurer’s Manual. If you have any questions, you can reach out to other fellow Treasurers or contact your Financial Services Representative here.