General Information on eAYSO Access Rights
On March 3, 2014, a major eAYSO enhancement will be deployed that changes the way AYSO will grant and revoke Access Rights in eAYSO.
The most important thing for a volunteer is to be currently registered and have an eAYSO account:
- Beginning March 3, 2014 you must be currently registered as a volunteer to have Access Rights in eAYSO.
- If you or any of your Board members are not currently registered we urge you to become current before the March 3 cut over.
A major part of this enhancement involves reducing the number of steps necessary to get a volunteer working in eAYSO. Rather than having a two step process of adding a volunteer to the Board and then assigning Access Rights this enhancement collapses these two transactions into a single one.
Moving forward adding a volunteer to the Board also assigns the volunteer the proper level of Access Rights in eAYSO. When a volunteer’s term is over the eAYSO Access Rights are removed automatically without the need to go into the system and pull them off one by one.
Lookup Access Rights by Position
Follow this link to lookup Access Rights by scope (Region, Area, or Section) and position title.
Below are items listed which will involve a change in a business rule or will be an introduction of new business rule because of this enhancement.
- A volunteer must be currently registered to have Access Rights in eAYSO.
- A volunteer will need to be currently registered to be listed on a Board inside eAYSO. If you do not register by March 3, 2014 you will no longer be listed on the Board inside eAYSO.
- Volunteers must have an eAYSO account. Some returning volunteers do not use eAYSO. They can create a login and have their volunteer records linked to this eAYSO account by selecting this link to a web page on eAYSO. If you do not have an eAYSO account by March 3, 2014 you will no longer be listed on the Board inside eAYSO.
- Moving forward adding a volunteer to the Regional Board also assigns the volunteer the proper level of Access Rights in eAYSO. Access for Team Coach is the only exception. Since it is impractical to list coaches on the RIF, they will be provided their limited set of access rights through the Region > Volunteer > Manage Position screen in eAYSO.
- The Access Rights will begin based on the start date of the position and extend until the position end date or until the end of next membership year, whichever is earlier for the volunteer.
- There will be a 30 day Grace Period after the end of a membership year for a volunteer to submit an application for the new membership year. After the grace period, access will be suspended until that volunteer submits and becomes a registered volunteer for the current MY.
- The Regional Volunteer position will no longer be available. It has caused confusion and is no longer necessary in this new process.
- A limit of one Trusted Data Manager (TDM) will be allowed per Region, Area or Section if needed to assist the RC/AD/SD.
- Each eAYSO profile can only have only one adult volunteer mapped. When a profile has more than one adult volunteer assigned, the oldest profile will be retained. Youth volunteers will continue to be associated with the parent login.
All web pages will be updated with current information. We encourage you to refer back here often. Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.