AYSO has entered into a national partnership with Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA), a national non-profit developing Better Athletes, Better People through resources for youth and high school sports.
The agreement entails:
- The organizations providing each other with tips and tools for coaches, sports parents, administrators and student-athletes to be used in e-mail newsletters and websites, including PCADevZone.org, PCA’s searchable site with 1,000+ free printable and audio-video resources;
- AYSO utilizing PCA’s content for sports parents, including PCA’s Sports Parent Conversation Starters free weekly e-mail series
- PCA providing AYSO local organizations with discounted rates on local partnerships to deliver PCA’s live and online workshops for coaches, parents, administrators and student-athletes;
- Presences such as booth space and speaker appearances at each other’s major national or regional events.
“We are excited to join forces with AYSO,” said Jason Sacks, PCA’s Director of Business Development. “Our organizations share a commitment to helping youth get the most out of sports as a vehicle for developing Better Athletes, Better People. This is a great time for our organizations to partner, because FOX Sports Supports recently named PCA as a partner for 2016-2017, and due to FOX Sports’ sponsorship of AYSO, we will seek synergy among all three organizations.”
“We’re excited to have the PCA join AYSO’s family of partners,” said Mike Hoyer, AYSO’s Deputy Executive Director. “PCA and AYSO both have the same goal, which is to create community leaders on and off the field. Together our organizations can expand our mutual influence to bring more soccer to more kids in a fun, fair, safe and positive environment.”
About Positive Coaching Alliance
Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) develops BETTER ATHLETES, BETTER PEOPLE through resources for youth and high school sports coaches, parents, administrators and student-athletes. In addition to hundreds of free audio-video and printable tips and tools at www.PCADevZone.org, PCA has partnered with roughly 3,000 schools and youth sports organizations nationwide to deliver live group workshops, online courses and books by PCA Founder Jim Thompson that help those involved in youth and high school sports create a positive, character-building youth sports culture.
PCA workshops and courses, which have impacted more than 7.5 million youth, strive to transform high school and youth sports into a Development ZoneTM, where the goal is to develop Better Athletes, Better People and the following become the prevailing models in youth and high school sports:
• The Double-Goal Coach®, who strives to win while also pursuing the more important goal of teaching life lessons through sports
• The Second-Goal Parent®, who concentrates on life lessons, while letting coaches and athletes focus on competing
• The Triple-Impact Competitor®, who strives to impact sport on three levels by improving oneself, teammates and the game as a whole.
PCA gains support from a National Advisory Board, including National Spokesperson and 11-time NBA Champion Coach Phil Jackson, and many other top coaches, athletes, organization leaders and academics who share PCA’s mission.
About American Youth Soccer Organization
AYSO is a non-profit organization that provides youth soccer programs for participants all over the United States and internationally in the Virgin Islands, Trinidad and Tobago. Consisting of over 50,000 teams, six million alumni and 500,000 players nationwide, AYSO is one of the leading youth soccer organizations in the world. It is often called “the biggest soccer club in the world.” AYSO’s vision is to provide world class youth soccer programs that enrich children’s lives.
David Jacobson, Positive Coaching Alliance
Sahar Milani, American Youth Soccer Organization