Director of Coach Education and Instruction
Southern California based, American Youth Soccer Organization (AYSO), a nonprofit association with players across the U.S, is seeking a Director of Coach Education and Instruction to work in our National Office in Torrance, California. This position is responsible for the development and advancement of AYSO programs and education for participating volunteers and youth, as well as all business aspects of AYSO Soccer Camps.
This newly created position will oversee and manage the development and advancement of overall education strategy including the coach, referee, management and instructor curricula, presentations, and courses. The Director of Coach Education and Instruction will demonstrate an understanding of adult learning and how it translates to the instruction of children. The Director of Coach Education and Instruction will develop and manage relationships and partnerships internal and external that will afford AYSO access to experts in all disciplines, ensuring that AYSO is at the forefront of education for volunteers and children.
AYSO Soccer Camps is a key business unit that not only offers additional playing opportunities for children, but is also an important resource in the delivery and support of coach education and support for the AYSO Regions, Areas and Sections. The Director of Coach Education and Instruction will be responsible for the expansion of the camps program, both in access to members and programs offered.
Duties will include the following:
- Oversees and directs the development of curricula for all player and volunteer education and programs associated with the curricula
- Oversees and directs all instructor education programs
- Oversees and directs the development of online courses, workshops and seminars.
- Oversees and coordinates the implementation of the learning management system (LMS).
- Oversee the development of a customer feedback tool that will allow for the parent coaches, referees and other volunteers to provide direct feedback to the National office on all education courses and workshops.
- Evaluate and provide direction to the education certification structure
- Oversee the business development, marketing and strategic planning for expansion of AYSO Soccer Camps
- Serve as the primary liaison with other soccer and education organizations, including US Soccer’s coach and referee education, the National Soccer Coaches Association as well as sports, medical, health and child specialist.
- Evaluates and recommends partnering opportunities.
- Fosters teamwork throughout the organization.
- Interacts face-to-face with co-workers, team members, management and other Organization personnel on a daily basis to accomplish duties and responsibilities.
- Participates in staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Develops and monitors an annual budget.
- Prepares and maintains reports as necessary.
- Responding to common inquiries or complaints from volunteer membership, customers, clients, or members of the business community.
- Effectively presents information to top management, public groups, and/or the board of directors.
Qualifications needed to succeed in this position:
- Demonstrated ability to utilize discretionary judgment and be able to make decisions independently and responsibly
- Demonstrated excellence in managing curricula development.
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality.
- An effective communicator, with strong oral and written skills.
- Skill in examining, developing, reengineering, and recommending education policies and procedures.
- Strong commitment to developing team members.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Fifteen years of progressive leadership experience in curricula development and business operations.
- Strong knowledge and experience with the soccer community in the United States.
All interested parties are invited to apply at http://jobview.monster.com/GetJob.aspx?JobID=144696043 .
Please include a cover letter with all resumes. Resumes received without a cover letter will not be considered.
To apply, please contact Jill Meshekow, Director, Human Resources at HR@ayso.org.