The eLearning Developer at AYSO will work with the National Office team to create content for eLearning courses that will focus on member education. The developer will be skilled at organizing content based on the best practices for adult learning.
The eLearning Developer is responsible for working with material supplied by subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop and deliver content outlines, design documents, story boards and scripts preparing the information for our in-house graphic design team to publish via our interactive Learning Management System.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Interview and collaborate with SMEs to get all pertinent information needed to design each eLearning course.
- Perform analysis on information received from SMEs in order to determine key learning points and content.
- Write course scripts based on the source material (PowerPoint slideshows, Course Manual, direct information from SMEs) including the interactive decision points ie: drag and drop, multiple choice, etc. to produce the most effective learning experience.
- Collaborate with internal AYSO National Office Graphic Design Department to ensure that the look and feel of the eLearning courses matches the overall direction of AYSO materials.
- Responsible for final publishing of all eLearning courses in the AYSO LMS suite.
- Interface with external vendors to fulfill AYSO eLearning objectives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Familiarity with authoring tools such as Adobe Captivate and Articulate.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to translate learning objectives into courses that flow well and deliver the necessary information with interest.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Top notch organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and positively adapt to change.
- Ability to work proactively in a team environment, offering assistance to co-workers as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional Design or related field.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in instructional design and development including hands-on eLearning experience.
- Knowledge of youth sports or related industry a plus.
AYSO offers a comprehensive benefit package including medical/dental/vision/403b as well as paid time off and holidays.
Please include a cover letter with your resume, letting us know why you think that you would be a good fit for AYSO. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. Apply here