Tournaments are a great way to offer more soccer for more kids, raise money for the Region and provide everyone with a wonderful memory. Tournament staff needs to be aware that the safety and well being of all the participants (players, parents, visitors and staff) should also be considered when planning a tournament. Below are some ideas to consider when you begin to plan for the tournament and information to provide to teams who will be attending:
- Necessary field permits for your facilities
- Special Event policy in place; certificates issued
- Parking – is there enough? If not, what to do with the overflow?
- Shade or picnic area – where located and is there enough?
- EMT's scheduled
- Extra trash service scheduled
- Bathroom facilities – is there enough? If not, schedule portables
- Vendors – are they scheduled? Have they provided certificates of insurance?
Provide the following information to teams attending:
- Directions to the tournament and surrounding hotels, restaurants, parks, etc.
- Remind everyone about the AYSO ratio of adults to players
- Provide hydration tips and electrolyte replacement drinks
- Provide healthy snack tips
- Provide a list of "Don'ts" such as (anything specific to your facilities or Region)
- No barbecues
- No pets
- Remind teams not to rent 18 passenger vans if they're traveling to your tournament