How to Publicize your VIP (Very Important Player) Program
VIP programs start small but should grow and the best way to grow is to publicize! Be flexible and creative when it comes to advertising your program. Advertise anywhere and everywhere – local city newspapers and magazines, billboards, sports publications and websites, disabled- centered publications and websites, expos and trade shows, doctor and clinical offices, the list is endless. And, one place that is often over-looked is right in your own Region at registration and the playing fields!
Publicizing your VIP program is easier than you might think. There are potential VIP players in your local schools and communities so get the word out. More people, with your help, can have the benefits of sports participation in a supportive, fun environment. Ideas
There is some wonderful generic website information found on-line
but for specific VIP tips please see below.
Specific VIP tips:
- Have a separate VIP link on your home page that links to a colorful, exciting and informative VIP page
- On the home page have a VIP photo or two but on the VIP Channel – have many pictures or a complete album (remember to include pictures of the buddies, coaches, referees and parents)
- Include the VIP Administrator’s name, phone number and email address on the VIP Channel but also on the Board page
- Registration info should be posted on the VIP Channel as well as the Registration page
- Include the entire who, what, where, when, how and why
- Who can/should play, where are the games played, season dates, what equipment is needed, what is provided, cost of program, scholarship process
Registration Tips Registration Channel
- In addition to mentioning how to register on the VIP Channel, mention the VIP Program on the Registration Channel. Include price and give contact information of the VIP Administrator
- Use Registration Day to share the news about the VIP Program and recruit players. Most Regions use the “station” method for registration where the coaches and referees each have their own recruiting table, the cashier has a table, why not the VIP Program! Let the Board know you need a table to recruit VIP players as well as buddies, coaches, referees into the program. Use some of the tips listed below:
- Registration Day
- Make the VIP Program be one of the “mandatory” registration stops
- Decorate your “friendly” VIP station
- Place a large VIP Registration Poster at your table - Make your own or order a colorful poster from the Supply Center
- Display pictures
- Show the VIP video
- Show pictures of your players
- PowerPoint presentation
- Collage of pictures
- Explain the VIP Program
- Recruit players
- Recruit coaches, referees and buddies
- Invite all the Region’s families to come and cheer on the VIP players at their games
- Distribute the VIP game schedule
- Distribute VIP brochures, available from the Supply Center, or make your own flyers, business cards, etc.
Invite the local newspaper out to your registration, opening day, AYSO Soccer Camp, FunFest, Tournament or practice. They may not run the article right then but the papers are always look for a wonderful, warm human interest story!
Region 225 Start of Season
National Games article
Section 10 Strawberry Cup, with VIP players (Reprinted with permission of the Camarillo Acorn)
Fall 2012 PLAYSOCCER issue, Changing Lives, One Goal at a Time
Video clips can be used for a variety of reasons – local news station that comes to your registration, opening day, AYSO Soccer Camp, FunFest, Tournament or practice. Or, make a video for personal use as a wonderful memory for the parents.
Florida 1370 clip
Somerset, NY Video
Local TV News Segment, Bakersfield, CA
Playing Field tips
Hang banners at your fields to advertise your VIP division and VIP activities.
Offer a FunFest program for your local schools. The best Funfest is a half day and well advertised. To make the FunFest successful, invite neighboring Region’s VIP players and local schools to participate.
AYSO Soccer Camps
AYSO Soccer Camps will provide a soccer camp geared for your VIP players. The best VIP Camp is a half day program and well advertised. To make the camp successful, invite neighboring Region’s VIP players and local schools to participate. Call your AYSO Soccer Camp Regional Director today for details and to schedule your camp!
QR (Quick Response) Codes