Introducing The CVPA's Best Friends
The Volunteer Registration Assistant And The Data Entry Worker
Unless you are from a very small Region, collecting and processing all of the volunteer applications for an AYSO region is not a one-person job! Did you know that the CVPA can be assisted in their duties by Region volunteers?
- At registration events, the CVPA can be assisted in the collection and screening of volunteer forms by an appropriately trained regional volunteer.
- The Volunteer Registration Assistant ("VRA") must be a registered volunteer;
- The VRA must be approved and appointed by your Regional Commissioner;
- The VRA must be trained by the CVPA in the Volunteer Application Submission Procedure (see pages 24-26 of the CVPA Manual). This training should include:
- The AYSO Screening Protocols
- AYSO Privacy Protection Protocols
- CVPA Reference Check Protocol
- Completion of the CVPA training course is not mandatory for VRAs, but is encouraged.
- But what about the data input? Can someone help me with that?
- Your biggest helper in reducing data entry time is eAYSO! Encourage all volunteers in your region to preregister on eAYSO, and you will have very little data entry to perform;
- Your RC or Registrar can also order free, pre-printed volunteer forms for everyone already in your region, which also reduces your workload (they take 6 weeks to arrive, so plan ahead);
- If the number of hand-written volunteer forms is still too large for you to handle by yourself in a timely manner, you can recruit and train a Data Entry Worker ("DEW").
- The DEW must be a registered volunteer;
- The DEW must be approved and appointed by your Regional Commissioner;
- The DEW must pass a background check before receiving access to eAYSO;
- The DEW must be trained by the CVPA to input data into eAYSO;
- The CVPA should take great care to track the location of all forms and to retrieve all volunteer forms from DEWs as soon as data entry is complete; the CVPA remains responsible for submitting the original volunteer applications to the NSTC in a timely manner.