"Season Start Date": 5 Urgent Facts
A Season Start Date is now included in your Region's eAYSO record under Region – Setup – General. The Season Start Date debuted in the fall, and helps trigger the Shutterfly team share site activation email. Regions have complete control of the Season Start Date, and can change the date to control when coaches receive their activation email from Shutterfly. Coaches will receive their share site, with their team rosters two weeks prior to the Season Start Date.
Here are five urgent facts about the Season Start Date:
- AYSO-Shutterfly team websites with player rosters are released two weeks prior to your Season Start Date. It is currently pre-populated with Jan. 17, 2011 for spring season, all star, tournament and other winter and spring teams. Shutterfly Team websites including rosters from eAYSO will be sent out Jan. 3 unless your Region changes that date in eAYSO.
- Each Region controls its own Season Start Date in eAYSO. Please change it to whatever is appropriate for your Region. Log in at eAYSO to make that change. Please make sure you have all of your rosters completed and coaches assigned at least two weeks PRIOR to your Season Start Date.
- One use of the Season Start Date is to determine when AYSO-Shutterfly team websites become available to coaches. Team roster information built in eAYSO will be included in the team website.
- The AYSO-Shutterfly team websites will become available for coaches two weeks prior to the Season Start Date so coaches have time to activate the site before the season starts. The first websites will become available Jan. 3.
- If Jan. 3 is later (or sooner) than you would like your coaches to have access to their AYSO-Shutterfly website and their eAYSO rosters, change the Season Start Date to a date convenient for you. You must change the default season start date if you do not want coaches to receive their team information on Jan. 3.
For complete information on the AYSO-Shutterfly Team Share site program, visit Frequently Asked Questions.
If you have questions, or need assistance with the Season Start Date set up please contact Shea McLaughlin at SheaM@ayso.org or 800-872-2976, ext. 5425.