What’s In A First-Aid Kit?
Nine Items That You Must Have
A basic first-aid kit should be available to each team during all practices and games. These first-aid kits can be provided to each coach for the season, or be available at a standardized location at each soccer field used for games and practices. While first-aid kits vary in content, a basic first-aid kit must contain the following items:
- Adhesive bandage strips (10 each)
- Adhesive bandages (3 large and 3 medium)
- Antiseptic wipes (5 each)
- Cotton balls or 2x2 gauze (10 each)
- Elastic wraps (2 each)
- Individual first-aid cream packets
- Non-latex gloves (2 pair)
- Mouth rescue breather (1 each)
- Instant cold pack
Caution: Elastic wrap or athlete tape should be limited to use by individuals trained in their application to prevent further injury. Be sure to check and restock first-aid kids throughout the season.
Depending on the quantity you order, first-aid kits start at $5.95 at the AYSO Store